The Bible Provides Solid Guidance. Do You Know What It Says?
Families across America are realizing that "dating" leads to brokenness, not dynamic marriages. Other families have realized that the "courtship" model is an maze of unexplored definitions, and find themselves taking wrong turn after wrong turn. Is courtship the answer? Is it always necessary? How do young people find each other and then discern the Lord's will for marriage? How do parents shepherd their children through the process? While the Bible doesn't offer a formula for getting to the altar, it has much to say about the maturity, vision, and love that make a marriage beautiful and powerful, from the very first day.
Scripture is rich with guidance for marrying well. Join Geoffrey Botkin and his wife Victoria, David Botkin and his wife Nadia, and Benjamin Botkin and his wife Audri for a five-part webinar series on courtship and preparation for marriage. Ben, Audri, David, & Nadia will share their stories, family photos, and lessons they’ve learned while seeking to answer the question, "Should I marry this person?"
Each session will provide opportunity for participating families to submit live questions and get live answers about gospel-centered families and gospel-centered marriages.
Some Topics Covered
- Preparation for marriage starts early
- What the Bible says about courtship
- What about betrothal?
- Why strong brother-sister relationships are essential, in families and between families
- Dominion, discipleship, and life mission: Marry for the same reason you live your whole life
- Love like Jesus: Selflessly
- Risk management in relationships
- The deadly danger of worry
- What to think about emotions
- How do I know this is the right one?
- How to determine God's will
- The place of faith
- Maintaining peace and harmony between families
- When to skip courtship altogether
- Engagement periods
- Wisely reforming American wedding ceremonies
Important Information For Registration