Summer time can bring boredom, complaining kids and tired moms or it can be a great time to relax and enjoy a less structured schedule. I often hear moms say they can't wait for the kids to start the school year again, but I am enjoying the time off and so are my children.
Here is our bucket list of fun, cheap summer activities in Atlanta. We try to do one, maybe two, activities a week.
1. Free Bowling - 2 free games a day, just pay for shoe rental
2. Delta Air Museum - close up view of airplanes from the 1920's until today
3. Marietta Fire Museum - local fire trucks and gear from 1879 through 1952
4. Time at the Lake - swimming, picnics and playing in the sand
5. Michael's Craft Class - classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, starting at $2 a person
6. Swim Lessons
7. Free Braves Ticket - complete online activity and read a sports related book and receive a free Braves baseball ticket
8. Apple Store - How to Code Class